Thursday, September 27, 2007

October Started

Well here it is the end of September! I can hardly believe how fast the days go. My daughter was here for 10 days visiting from her home in Costa Rica. She and her boyfriend have an eco-tour business there, so she comes to visit in their off-season. Boyerotours.com
I have finished the remainder of my August page, and added a really neat little dragonfly! I love it! It is attached by a loop at her head, so can spin around on top of the center stacks. It's a really fun piece!
I have also taken the opportunity of being ahead to work on my October page. I had thought I would use an orange or at least a peach colored flower to represent autumn, but the busy bee in this photo of my geranium just grabbed my imagination! He was so busy and stayed for a long photo shoot of that flower.... I probably have 10 shots of her on various flowers from that day!
I have begun to make ruffles on the edges of the petals, and am working out how to bead the bee herself.... stay tuned!

I have also made some little fairy faces to add to my flowers...... I remember the fairies in my childhood gardens. We used to have great discussions and they played so nicely with me! (last child and 4 years younger than my next sibling!)

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

I am really enjoying your floral theme and the wonderful, unique pieces you create each month from your photographs...amazing!