Monday, September 3, 2007

Quilts

In July, I was lucky enough to spend time at the Sisters Quilt Show, and took classes in the preceeding week at THE QUILTERS AFFAIR. It's the one week retreat at the high school in Sisters in the week preceeding the annual quilt show.
This year, my sister Carolyn and I took the Sew Easy Circles class from Judy Johnson. I LOVE this technique! It's so fabulous!!!!
I am busy making everything using circles these days! I managed to finish my class sample to enter into our county fair this year. It's called "Earth's Orbs" as I think it looks like the earth from space. The technique is incredible, and easier than you might think.
At our fair, I began playing with an old piece of fabric that I had been saving because I didn't know how to use it.... it's been in my stash for over 6 years, I think. I cut 18 circles from it and put them into some background pieces, and am pleased with this top as well.

I don't know how I will quilt this one.... maybe around the wisteria blossoms.
Currently, I am needing to work on some paying quilting jobs. I am replacing some pieces on an antique quilt for a friend. It's a wool log cabin quilt that was made by his grand mother, he thinks. He is over 70 himself, so we figure it's nearly 80 years old. He wants to leave this quilt for his children, and knows that they won't put any money or time into it, so wants it done in his lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earth's Orbs is beautiful.You should be proud.