Friday, January 18, 2008

Too long!

Well, it's been way too long since I have written in this blog. I have been doing some beading, but mostly my "other" life has kept me occupied. I am getting back into the journal pieces now, though. I spent 6 weeks visiting my daughter in Costa Rica, so that slowed things down a bit! But I am back now, and feel like beading! It was great to get some sun and hugs!
I did finish my November journal piece.
I am pleased with the variation in it. It was fun to do, but not very creative. I would like to change my mode for the second half. For the first half I have used photos of flowers I've taken and printed on fabric as my base. That has been fun, but I'm feeling constrained by the literal-ness of these pieces. I would like to take a more improvisational look at beading. It will be more creative for me. I will still use the same size that I started with, but these next 6 will be more spontaneous and interesting for me to create.

5 comments:

KV said...

No matter what method you choose to work in, I am sure your future pieces will be just as lovely as these first ones were.


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

It will be interesting to see what difference this makes in your beadwork. Have fun.

a2susan said...

It is so nice that you got to visit your daughter. I'm sure that wherever your beading journey takes you it will be a fun and enjoyable experience.

beadbabe49 said...

It's the improvisational possibilities of the bead embroidery that really gets me excited...I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing how you like it!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have really enjoyed your flower photo pieces in the first half of the BJP. Look forward to seeing wherever you ideas take you this year!