Friday, September 7, 2007

September Rose

I have begun working on my September page. I decided that I want the petals of my September rose to be three dimensional. I printed out the whole picture as I have for the others, then printed four more of the rose itself so I can cut those up and use them as the petals coming forward. I chose a compatible piece of fabric for the back of the petals, and used Steam a Seam 2 to put them both together. Then I cut out the petals one by one, and pinned them onto their twin on the whole piece. As you can see in the photo, I have three more roses to cut up for further dimension.



One thing I have learned is that you should not pin through this kind of fabric sandwich. It leaves holes..... I guess that means I just have to bead in those places. LOL! As you can see in the photo of the picot edged pieces, I am now pinning them in the already beaded area.

Even with the handling of the fabric, I am pleased that the edges remain nicely firm and un-frayed.
I am planning to do stacks for the stamens in center of the rose. I will do more edge stitching around the flat rose.... need to decide which beads... just got in two orders of beads -- one from Shipwreck Beads, the other from Fire Mountain! Can't wait to play!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Very Nice!
I will enjoy seeing this process develop. Good tip on the pin holes.

Ellen said...

What fun! I love the idea of 3D beading so will be keeping an eye on your progress as it unfolds

KV said...

Gonna be a great adventure for sure! Love the colors already . . .

Kathy V in NM

pam T said...

Your beading is absolutely gorgeous. I especially loved last month's - my favorite flower and color! Can't wait to see you progress on this one...