Monday, March 3, 2008

February AND March done!

I am so jazzed!  I have finished BOTH my February and March pages tonight.  I am really pleased with them, and feel that they represent the tenor of my life at this time.  
The February page is a composite of three different photos of Asian Dogwood flowers.  I used Photoshop and moved them around, cloned the ferns for background and went for it.  The Dogwood tree is a memorial tree for my father in law. While growing up we had daily china with dogwood flowers on it. And in our yard there was a lovely pink flowering dogwood tree that was a special favorite of mine. The meandering green is the tangle of life.... and I ended up including my initials (ks) in the vine.  The little 
hearts are for Valentine's day, and the dragonflies are to encourage me that it soon will be spring!


My March page grew out of my birthday month concept.   The little purple daisies were just what I needed to give me a lift!  Since it's my birthday month, I included my big year number in beads!  And I enjoyed using lots of different kinds of purples for the petals. The addition of the goddess figure was an afterthought, but I like what it represents in my natal month!

12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...you are really on a roll!
I like your idea of hiding things in the beading, like your initials!
On your March page, I thought you had the word "GO" as in "You go girl"!...but it is really says 60...how fun!

Brenda said...

I also thought it was GO before I read your explanation! Both words work. What a great page for you birthday month!
Happy Early Birthday!!!

abeadlady said...

Like these alot. Had to really look for your initials. I think it's fun to make ourselves a part of these pages. I want to do more of that this next year.
Arline

KV said...

Wonderful stuff, Krispi! Hope your birthday month is the best ever . . .


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Great pages. You are hanging onto some reality with the flowers but adding in the symbols that are important to you. I think that's a great combo. Happy Birthday and many, many more!

beadbabe49 said...

whoo hoo! good going! and what a great birthday...I'm sure looking forward to being 60, but I've got a couple of years to go yet!

Ellen said...

Oh wow!! Both these pages are delightful, your garden is growing beautifully ;9

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see all you've accomplished. I am still woefully behind but will keep plugging along.

The tribute to your birth month is very nice and such a flowery statement for your 60th birthday.

Beadily Yours
Susan Feldkamp
Nightbeaderatblogspot.com

artandtea said...

Happy Birthday! Your pages are wonderful. Thanks for the reminder that spring is on its way.
-Karen

a2susan said...

Happy Birthday! I am so enjoying your bead pages and love the flowers.

Barb said...

Very cool concept! Happy birthday!

Any Smith said...

If you are always behind the 8 ball like I am, I applaud the fact that you finished such nice work before the deadline! I also like your manipulations of photos - did you transfer the photos to fabric or did you bead on paper? I'd really like to know.