Sunday, October 12, 2008

October Finished


I am astonished at myself. I sat down and finished this month's page today ..... it's only the 12th!!! I really enjoyed using closely hued beads to fade in and out to mimic the colors in the water-color fabric. I had drawn paisley type images in the lower right and top center of the page. The one in the lower right looked more like a leaf, so I put a leaf on it, but it wouldn't stay in place.... I could have glued it, but chose to hold it down with a bezel.  Those bead are a dark green, but they look almost black in the photo.    It got pretty heavy in terms of value, but I liked it that way at the bottom of the piece. As I was putting away my beads, I ran across some tiny metallic butterflies, so added three of them.

11 comments:

Robin said...

Neat, Krispi!!! I really like the way you stayed with the fading in and out of the colors in the fabric. The dark corner and leaf... hummmm, what could that mean? With or without meaning, it certainly adds interest. Yay!

Robin A.

abeadlady said...

Love the subtle color changes. Have to admit, when I first looked at it, I saw a snail under some exotic plant that attracted butterflies. Very nice!

Arline

KV said...

This is lovely, Krispi -- the colors are so inviting against that beautiful fabric!


Kathy V in NM

heidibeads said...

I love the flow of this piece along with the colors. Great job moving the colors.

Marty S said...

Lovely, flowing pattern. Nice!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

a2susan said...

I love the colors you use in this piece, they look so much like what I see when I look out my window - the oranges and reds of changing leaves and the still green grass.
Susan

Tracey Leeder said...

I think this is very elegant and lovely. Nice work, love the colors.

pam T said...

Very pretty colors...really like the muted colors of the background.

CC said...

I think the butterflies helped balance out the piece! I like how you used fading in & out to enhance the watercolor fabric. Very pretty!
Warmest aloha,
CC

Timaree said...

I like how you echoed but didn't copy the fabric and those butterflies bounce the dark around so it doesn't become too heavy at the bottom. I guess I'd better get busy with my pages so I can finish before the month is up.

Sabine said...

First things first:
This is a lovely page, Krispi, and interesting to look at. I think the butterflies provide a perfect balance to the dark green corner.

Now for a question I have:
a2susan kindly told me on my blog that you know a lot about photo (or any) transfer from computer to textile. Do you know different ways to do this? I would be very grateful if you would share some of your knowledge with me. There is no hurry about this, do take your time.

Best regards,
Sabine